May 26, 2011

Old and Worn is Sometimes Chic

Some things laying around my studio that have developed a nice aged patina.

The Hawaii weather, especially right here next to the ocean, can be ruthless to objects left out in the elements, as the paint job on my Xterra proves.  But sometimes things will seem to look better over time.
Wish I could say the same for humans...  These jugs already had a cracked finish when they were new.  Now they've got a cracked, peeled and chipped finish.

















It's odd to see a old time-worn cherub.












I probably should have put this old children's book from 1895 in plastic years ago.
My personal brooding gargoyle figurine was given by a good friend many years ago and he's been perched next to my desk ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment